Wahroonga is a peaceful leafy haven located on the Upper North Shore, approximately 22 kilometres from Sydney’s CBD. A popular choice for young families to establish themselves and grow, it is known for its wide tree lined streets and beautifully maintained homes on generous parcels of land.
The thriving village hub, located off the Pacific Highway leading to the railway station is a popular meeting spot for local residents, home to excellent cafes and restaurants including The Butcher’s Block and The Station. Home to an outstanding selection of private schools including Knox Grammar School and Abbotsleigh School, there are also plenty of parks, bushwalks and recreational facilities for weekend sporting activities including Wahroonga Park, The Glade and Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park.
Wahroonga was first settled in 1822 and following the completion of the North Shore railway line in 1890, became a popular destination for businessmen to build out of town residences in the 1920s and 1930s. There are many grand heritage listed homes and estates that have been retained or restored in Wahroonga, including The Briars on Woonona Avenue, Berith Park on the blue ribbon Billyard Avenue and Craignairn on Burns Road. Harry Seidler chose the suburb to build Rose Seidler House in 1950 on Clissold Road, which is an outstanding example of mid-century-modern domestic architecture.