Living Local - Ed Cowan
Ed Cowan is a current NSW and Sydney Sixers cricketer, who previously played 18 Tests for Australia. He can be seen and heard on Fox Sports and ABC grandstand from time to time.
Ed aside from cricket co-owns and operates a Nespresso compatible coffee company – Tripod Coffee – that specialises in recyclable, affordable and high quality artisanal coffee capsules. If you own a Nespresso machine, check them out at www.tripodcoffee.com.au
1. How long have you lived in the eastern suburbs?
I have been lucky enough to live in the Eastern Suburbs for most of my life – I have had breaks in my adult life for University and long stints for work overseas or interstate, but it has always felt like home
2. What do enjoy the most about living here?
No other major city in the world can you live within 5km of both a CBD and the beach. It is incredibly unique to merge the beach culture with the sophistication of a metropolis.
3. What is your favourite eatery in the east? What would you recommend ordering there?
I would have to say Bistro Moncur and the sirloin steak with café de Paris butter and fries
4. What is your favourite place to relax?
Undoubtedly North Bondi
5. If you could live on any street in the Eastern Suburbs what would it be?
New Beach Road, Darling Point – the views, the park, and central to everywhere!
6. Would you rather go to a football game or to a gallery opening? Or both? A swannies game at the SCG on a warm spring Sunday afternoon is pretty hard to beat. A paddo pub lunch before the game… heaven
7. Are there any unique shops in the east that you would recommend? I am not much of a shopper now, but I think Blue Spinach in Liverpool St in Darlinghurst always has some unique second hand clothes
8. Where would you have a holiday home anywhere in the world?
I would say Queenstown, NZ, but my wife hates the cold, so I will say some island off Dubrovnik in Croatia
9. If you had overseas guests visiting where would you take them in the east?
Coffee and toast at the Alimentari in Paddo for a slice of the local scene, a walk from Bondi to Bronte and back with a beer afterwards at Icebergs, maybe a picnic with Fish and Chips at Watson’s Bay at sunset. Oh, and an evening stroll up to Gelato Messina
10. Now, you can ask me one question…
Favourite place for a pre work take away coffee?
Luxe.. Downstairs from our office!